- Europe bans more than 1,300 harmful chemicals from personal care products. The U.S. bans 11. (EU Cosmetic Directive 2013; FDA 2015, Campaign for Safe Cosmetics)
- The U.S. has not passed a major federal law to regulate personal care product ingredients since 1938.
- On average, a woman is exposed to 168 chemicals before she leaves the house in the morning (think soap, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, lotion, cosmetics). (EWG – Environmental Working Group)
- According to Dr. Samuel Epstein, former head of the Cancer Prevention Coalition, “It’s more dangerous to put a product on your skin than to eat it.” Why? Because our bodies have detox mechanisms at work; our skin does not.
- Over 200 chemicals have been found in babies’ cord blood, many of which are harmful to the brain and nervous system, cause cancer and/or cause birth defects and abnormal development. (EWG, 2009)
- 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women will be diagnosed with cancer during their lifetime. (American Cancer Society, 2015 Facts & Figures)
- 1 in 68 U.S. children (1 in 42 boys) have been identified with autism spectrum disorder – that’s up from 1 in 88 in 2012. (CDC, 2014)
- More than 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s, and that’s projected to increase to nearly 7.1 million by 2025. (2015 Alzheimer’s Disease Facts & Figures)
courtesy of http://purehavenessentials.com/knowledge/